Soprano Ukulele? Yes, Ma’am! BUT before you order, here are some things you might find useful.
The Kala KA-15S Mahogany Soprano Ukulele. Don’t let the price fool you, this Ukulele is beautiful. Producing robust, healthy sound with gorgeous build quality. Kala was doing this before you were born, Sonny! Check discount here.
We chose the frankly outstanding Kala LTP Soprano Ukulele. We love Kala, and this Uke is currently at an almost unbelievable price. This pack has everything you need. Premium tuners, Aquila strings, and a clear, sweet sound! Find it here.
Our 2021 Top Picks
Under $120? WINNER –
Under $70? WINNER – The Kala KA-15S
Under $50? WINNER – The Kala LTP Soprano Ukulele
Soprano Ukulele Pros and Cons
- The “original” ukulele – a more classic sound than other sizes, which appeared more recently
- Light, small and portable – easy to own, carry and bring along
- Perfect for kids or those, like President Trump, who have smaller hands
- If you have large, giant or scissor (looking at you, Edward) hands – perhaps another size would be more appropriate
- If you prefer a “bigger” and more resonant sound
- If you’re a learner or beginner, the concert size may be easier to work with.
Soprano ukuleles are the only choice for traditionalists. The offer a “real” ukulele sound, and are the smallest of the four ukulele sizes. I can understand what they are on about. However, rather like the people who prefer to drive “stick” rather than an auto in their cars, they are a dying breed. For most people, the other sizes are just fine. Don’t be a hater, let’s all just try to get along, shall we?
In any case, owning a soprano ukulele will ensure no-one laughs at you or dances around you yelling “death to all concert, tenor and baritone ukulele owners!” *Please note, this has never happened*. On the contrary, the ukulele community is an unusually friendly and welcoming bunch.
Try saying that about your average violinist association… No offense intended but you guys can get pretty serious and frowny at times. x
Here’s a demo of one of our favorites…