AMAZON 2019 HOLIDAY CLEARANCE ON NOW! – UP TO 88% OFF – ACCESS HERE I have a confession to make before we begin. I’ve been a singer in bands for about 15 years now, and nothing else comes close to the joy and fun I get from rehearsing, gigging and connecting with other musos. So,…
AMAZON 2019 CLEARANCE ON NOW! – UP TO 88% OFF – ACCESS HERE When it comes to picking out a musical instrument for your child to start off with, you have a few solid choices that feed the unique requirements of a child. You’ll want something that’s fun, easy to play, and lends itself towards…
If you’re after the best deal on a piano keyboard for kids – you’ve found the right place!
Here’s a link to the Best Piano Keyboard Deals for 2019
1. Best for 2 – 4-Year-Olds – TOP CHOICE – VTech Record & Learn KidiStudio
2. Best for 5 to 7-Year-Olds – TOP CHOICE – Click’N’Play Gigantic Keyboard Mat
3. Best for 8 to 13-Year-Olds – TOP CHOICE – CASIO SA 76 Keyboard Piano
4. Best for 14 Years and Above – YAMAHA EZ 220
5. Ready To Get Serious?
When it comes to learning a musical instrument, learning to play the piano is without a doubt one of the most beneficial instruments to learn that will teach children the basics of musical theory.
Learning important aspects of music like octaves, scales, and chords are key to learning the piano and transfer over to any other musical instrument your child may learn in the future.
One of the many benefits of kids learning music on a piano is the keys are all laid out in a logical, linear fashion. This makes concepts easier to grasp than on the guitar where you would need to jump around to different frets on different strings to learn the same concepts. The next easiest instrument might be getting your child a ukulele.
Learning a percussion instrument can be a very rewarding pursuit for you and your child. Many kids learn to play music better on percussion instruments because they tend to be more simple and less fragile.
Whereas something like learning the ukulele for a kid might be frustrating or difficult due to the discipline needed to form cords and sit still, a percussion instrument like the bongos will have kids moving around and getting their energy out!
Here’s a few reason why we love to recommend bongos as your kids first percussion instrument –
- Great for all kids – whether your kid has a lot of energy and really wants to thrash on some drums or if they’re more mild and like to play lightly, the bongos will work for them. The bongos can also adjust to any child’s skill level. Whether they’re very young and are just experiencing making music for the first time or a bit older and working on arranging beats into a rhythm, the bongos are perfect for kids.
- Extremely Durable – More than other musical instruments, the bongos are very durable. They don’t require numerous strings to keep in tune or much precision for starters, so not much can go wrong.
- Perfect for learning coordination and rhythm – these are key attributes to the successful development of children in a variety of areas even beyond music. Learning to coordinate both hands and keep a rhythm will greatly advance their development.
A ukulele for kids? What a great idea! BUT here’s what you need to know before buying…
Best for 2 – 5 year olds?
Best for 6 – 10 year olds?
Best for 11 – 15 year olds?
What About Plastic?
So, let’s be diplomatic here. Is your child, um, physically adventurous? Are they likely to stand on the ukulele or try to make it fly or see if it floats? We get it! Here’s our best pick for your little tiger. The Kala Makala Waterman. 9 million people can’t be wrong. The ultimate child-proof Uke! Why not get one that glows in the dark?
2017 Top Picks
Best for 2 – 5-year-olds? The Hape Ukulele.
Best for 6 – 10-year-olds? The Hola! HM-21.
Best for 11 – 15-year-olds? The Kala KA-15S Mahogany Soprano.
How About Plastic? The Awesome Kala Waterman
If you’re looking to introduce your child to a musical instrument, there really isn’t a better choice than the ukulele. A ukulele is much easier for a child to learn to play than a guitar, for three main reasons –
- Size – ukuleles are naturally smaller than guitars, making them a natural choice for the smaller body of a child. A smaller instrument also means the child will be much less likely to damage it (or something else in your home) as they run around the house with it.
- Complexity – the ukulele is a relatively simple instrument, especially when compared to all the other options out there. There’s only 4 strings as opposed to 6 on a guitar, and you can strum the instrument with your hand or fingers, as opposed to need a guitar pick to play. This makes it a lot more natural for kids to figure out, as they only need to learn the ukulele and not how to properly hold some other object at the same time.
- Material – if you’ve ever tried to learn to play the guitar, you might remember how raw and sore your fingertips got from practicing holding down the metal strings. That’s a huge deterrent from getting a child to learn a musical instrument! Luckily, ukuleles use softer, nylon strings. This makes ukuleles perfect for young children as it won’t tear up their hands when they’re supposed to be having fun.
AMAZON INSTRUMENT SALE NOW ON – UP TO 71% OFF – CLICK HERE Looking to score a wicked new drum kit on Black Friday weekend? We’ve searched and found the BEST DEALS GOING! Check HERE for the latest deals FIRST! BEST FOR KIDS (AGES 3 – 8): The Mendini by Cecilio 13 Inch 3-Piece…
Welcome! Interested in getting a sneak-peek at super deals this Black Friday on an acoustic guitar? Every year at about this time, we start watching the deals and trends to report back to our readers. 2019 is shaping up to be HUGE!!!! Why? Manufacturers are unsure of the economy – so are desperate to DO…
Soprano Ukulele? Yes, Ma’am! BUT before you order, here are some things you might find useful.
The Kala KA-15S Mahogany Soprano Ukulele. Don’t let the price fool you, this Ukulele is beautiful. Producing robust, healthy sound with gorgeous build quality. Kala was doing this before you were born, Sonny! Check discount here.
We chose the frankly outstanding Kala LTP Soprano Ukulele. We love Kala, and this Uke is currently at an almost unbelievable price. This pack has everything you need. Premium tuners, Aquila strings, and a clear, sweet sound! Find it here.
Our 2017 Top Picks
Under $120? WINNER –
Under $70? WINNER – The Kala KA-15S
Under $50? WINNER – The Kala LTP Soprano Ukulele
Soprano Ukulele Pros and Cons
- The “original” ukulele – a more classic sound than other sizes, which appeared more recently
- Light, small and portable – easy to own, carry and bring along
- Perfect for kids or those, like President Trump, who have smaller hands
- If you have large, giant or scissor (looking at you, Edward) hands – perhaps another size would be more appropriate
- If you prefer a “bigger” and more resonant sound
- If you’re a learner or beginner, the concert size may be easier to work with.
Soprano ukuleles are the only choice for traditionalists. The offer a “real” ukulele sound, and are the smallest of the four ukulele sizes. I can understand what they are on about. However, rather like the people who prefer to drive “stick” rather than an auto in their cars, they are a dying breed. For most people, the other sizes are just fine. Don’t be a hater, let’s all just try to get along, shall we?
In any case, owning a soprano ukulele will ensure no-one laughs at you or dances around you yelling “death to all concert, tenor and baritone ukulele owners!” *Please note, this has never happened*. On the contrary, the ukulele community is an unusually friendly and welcoming bunch.
Try saying that about your average violinist association… No offense intended but you guys can get pretty serious and frowny at times. x
Here’s a demo of one of our favorites…
NEWSFLASH – AMAZON SALE TODAY! AMAZON 2018 CLEARANCE ON NOW! – UP TO 88% OFF – ACCESS HERE Singers, huh? Gotta love ‘em! I should know, I’ve been singing since 1989, and since that time I have not ONCE been murdered by a family member. I sing in the shower, I sing in the…
NEWSFLASH – AMAZON SALE TODAY! CLICK HERE TO SAVE UP TO 71% OFF INSTRUMENTS! OK, so you need a gift for the guitarist in your life huh? Welcome to a minefield of potential problems! Chances are, you know they love playing guitar, but as far as style, brands, existing equipment, like, hates, taste and…